sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Saturday, October 2, 2010

PRU entry

Turned out to be a busy, but good week for me.


Wednesday i was stopped out of NAV for over 4% loss and exited DBC for a 6.9% gain.


Thursday evening i found BCS, CBD, DLB and HBI which i wanted to enter so i went ahead and put in market orders that went through Friday morning. I decided to stop "using" hourly charts since they always looked 'good' to me. I also stopped using a break-even stop since my moves are now smaller.


Friday(yesterday) the market orders equally gave me better or worse entry prices and then i also entered PRU at the close. I think i realized how i could really "time my trades with the market". Hunting for laggards while the market is trending and only entering them once the market breaks its tight trendline. PRU is not following this completely but i wanted to see how it did in that case. It is a short entry using major TL, pattern break, triple hitter EMA break, large volume, large bar, stochastics but the market is still trending up.


i dont think i can improve much on my stock charts, but a more advanced/broader concept of timing my trades with the market is now important to me. my research will be about finding laggards now and narrowing them down to entries just like PRU, but at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment