sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Monday, December 13, 2010

SNCR and LNN long entries

Entered SNCR and LNN for long entries in the solid uptrend thats going on now. The market is starting to remind me of back in 2009 right after that first big hammer/full moon entry in the late summer. These two entries are interesting to me and MAY include a potentially HUGE improvement in my traiding, mainly with the way i use stochastics. These two trades have already overbought stochastics. I noticed some of my worst trades lately were oversold, like i wanted them to be. But a couple of the best trades ive had lately, plus nearly all the ones i skipped (for not being oversold) were already overbought and DID AMAZINGLY WELL. Some of the steepest rallies to targets i have ever seen. the more i think about it, it makes sense. buying at oversold stochastics does work but it works best when there is no trend. oscillators work best in trendless markets. the way im actually entering right now is in a solid uptrend, so being oversold is not as important. it might be hurting me by getting me into too much weakness. anything that is trending strongly should be stuck overbougt. so me getting into a breakout, during a strong market trend, with stochastics that appear to be "getting stuck" should improve my trend following strategy. maybe when the market's emas are intertwined with no trend i should revert back to buying at oversold....


Ill see how well these two trades do compared to the others. Maybe this is a big breakthrough for me. Im currently holding 9 long trades. i think that used to be a record for me earlier this year, after i started printing out charts to research while at work. awesome, im not printing out any charts anymore. scanning through the largest percentage movers of the day seems to do most of the work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment