sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BPI and AKR short entries

stopped out of WLP today for a 2.9% loss. not surpised since everything i held had been barely hanging in there.


TSL and SPN are still staying below their stop losses, so thanks guys! thanks for sticking in with me! u both are huckleberries. there will definitely be a large injection into my watchlist today and hopefully a couple entries before the close.

For awhile now i have noticed that my gains and losses come in strings. my strings of gains seem to come when they happen to be going with the market while my strings of losses, such as right now, happen to be going against the market. last night i was trying to figure out something that i could improve, either with price action leading up to the reversals or maybe some other indicator. but one thing i have never done was time my trades with the market, like the S&P 500 index or SPY. My ratios right now seem to highlight how i might have bad timing. My average gain is very large, my average loss quite small. So the trades are good. But my probability is fairly low and struggling to stay around 50%. hmmmmmm. i was thinking i could look to sell when SPY is overbought on daily and hourly charts at the same time. Seems like a good way to use a general signal such as stochastics being overbought cuz then under that general signal i could scan and filter for specific stocks. I thought about timing trades with the market long before but i never completely understood the rational for it and wasnt quite sure how to go about it. I think i get it now. I should be used to this process of learning by now, i've figured out several things this way. And if it works then i should basically have more string of gains than strings of losses which would change my ratios drastically for the better.

Entered AKR and BPI. I would prefer AKR to have had an even bigger bar signal and if BPI had an even bigger channel range, but i wanted to get into them. SPY is overbought on daily and hourly so im curious. I have been relaxed about skipping trades where the stop loss cannot be placed well past bar signal and still stay under 3% loss. I wanted to see if it would hurt me or not if i forgot about it cuz for a little while it seemed to keep me from getting into some otherwise great looking trades....

No comments:

Post a Comment