sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

CVH, EL, EWZ short entries

ok...busy trading day for me. got a big ole long blog post today...

Literally going until the closing bell, i entered CVH, EL and EWZ for short trades.
EWZ had an en garde signal, CVH had a snake bite signal but im not totally sure what to classify EL's signal yet. I looks like a signal i thought about using before but i rarely saw it. two gaps in the same direction surrounding a small bar, follwed by a strong sell off. the logic behind using this as a signal would be that the first gap is the initial sell-off, then the second gap confirms that direction, then the strong selloff really destroys the buyer's spirit. two gaps shows how it wasnt just a one day event.

I also wanted EE but it wasnt available to BORROW! I guess its volume was pretty low so i probably should raise my volume requirement instead or in addition to my price requirement for scanning. but the really wierd part about today was while i was trying to check the EL chart, i accidentally typed in EWZ...I havent seen EWZ's chart in a very long time and its not on my watch list but for some reason while typing quickly i hit E-W-Z instead of E-L. Even though i typed it on accident, the chart look damn near perfect for a short entry so after checking it a 2nd time to make sure i wasnt confused, i entered it within a minute of the bell.




I have moved the AKR stop down to break-even and am now holding 7 trades including my experiemental EDU wedge short whose results i wont include in my ratios.

I realized that a recent CL stop out i had turned out to be great. I got robbed but at least i was on the right track.


Its official. My watchlists really turn to crap within a week. I wanted to make sure so i studied it again. I checked my research 8 and 9 printouts and after 2 days go by the potential really starts dropping. Looking back i see several moves that took off well but had no signal, thus why i never entered. But i would be making a newbie error by now trying to get into them. Those moves are moves i'll never touch. To get into those i would have to also get into many many losers as well. Not worth it. Most of research 8 was crap after a week and i checked research 9 which after only 3 days appeared to already be 25% crap. PLust there ar the charts i originally X-ed out. So in other words, after 3 days the first 30 charts that i printed out have dwindled to only 15 that still have potential. So in 2 more days, which would be a full week for research 9, there should be well under 50% of the charts that still have potential plays. This is why its really worth my time to just start over with 100% potential each week by doing new research. I have been doing about 3 research sessions a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment