sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

/ES 1.75 point loss

Interesting chart for S&P500 emini 5 min  this morning.  As of 8:20 I only wanted to buy because I saw a large uptrend, a big weird rising channel.  I made a late entry around 10 am when price appeared to be close to support but only after calming down.  Just before price plunged to support but I would not buy on a plunge because I don't know what will happen with that much momentum.  So then I was stopped out fairly soon after, then price took off like I wanted it to.

I made a mistake.  I bought too high because I did not draw an accurate rising channel.  I just didn't see it.  Now assuming I saw it and anticipated the correct support, I am not sure if i would have entered because price barely hit the support I THINK i should have been using.  In the end, I should be more careful with drawing S/R levels and I lost 1.75 points today.

No comments:

Post a Comment