sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

/ES futures long entry

Other market ETF's are an option for me to trade IF my market is not good enough. The combination of much lower % rewards and my market usually not taking long to "look good again" makes me wonder when i would ever really want to trade other markets. There might not even be a good ETF to get into when my market happens to be going sideways. Ill keep thinking about it. Sometimes i think about trying to enter trades on pullbacks to ema's. normally i require a large expansion bar to give me better odds of getting into a move, but if everything is already trending then i might not need that kind of help. Maybe i could do a mix of both?


Posting my recent charts of international ETF's put into perspective what im really going for. My goal is to find the area's between s/r levels. People call these areas different names. To me its just an area of low resistance. From now on i need to focus on that area to get into. I also remembered how i would prefer to trade market indices if i could, over individual stocks. i like looking at different charts of overall markets.


I made my first futures trade in a long time. I went ahead and entered a trade with the sp500 futures (/ES). If i didn't have enough real money i could just trade the SPY ETF which tracks it. Since the market appears to be staying above its 20 ema, ill go ahead and assume its in an uptrend again, at least temporarily. This is a small move but i dont care. Ill take small or large moves if that's what's being offered to me. No stocks looked good today anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment