sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Monday, June 11, 2012

Even though i was having trouble using my phone i was able to enter and exit a playmoney trade for nasdaq 100 emini futures which was a 4.25 point gain.  good gain even though it felt small compared to the overall volatility.  the trade lasted two hours.  i did a good job waiting for the breakout of the long falling channel.  at the open it looked like it was going to go up but soon it turned down.

3 comments:

  1. Mobile trading is my dream setup! I once seriously looked into paying a programmer to develop a app for me that would incorporate my method. Well, I did not part with my money yet and my experience with mobile trading through IB's mobile trader has been horrible. I still remember when I was short Shell during their oil spill, I was getting killed on a huge recovery on the stock price, my phone locked up multiple times, not to mention I had a horrible wifi/3G connection at the time. Long story short, I lost a lot off of that one trade trying to trade via mobile phone.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouch, I hate it when technology causes a problem. I gave up on trying to use a phone. seems to only help if you are very, very desperate. I don't recommend mobile trading unless its on a laptop and you are not in a rush.

      Delete
  2. Hey SS,

    it's been a while since my last comment about mobile trading. I still believe mobile trading could have it's day in the sun.

    With a reliable data/wife connection, adjusting an options position or swing trade... as for day trading with a phone, it would be nice but I don't see mobile daytrading in my future.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete