sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Monday, September 6, 2010

really quiet day since its a holiday and market is closed...

i will place my stop loss past entry bar and all EMA's for now. i think that is best for the way i trade. EMA's definitely help prevent pullbacks, but in case they dont turn enough right away to do that and remain flat, the large entry bar is usually more than enough to prevent pointless volatility in the wrong direction. i would be in several nice trades in addition to my DBO,DBC trades right now if i had put stop loss past entry bar. my stops were just too tight. i was being a little to risk averse.

im also making sure i get into big channels to raise my avg profit %. even if i would do good in the smaller moves, i would still rather "do less work" in exchange for "slightly less profit in the long-run" by getting into fewer but more profitable moves. i could use small channels if i get desperate.

while i was messaging my beautiful gf, i found out that my STR trade with 212.8% gain was actually a 56.4% gain after a 2-1 stock split. have to adjust my ratios for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment