sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

NFLX stopped me out for a break even trade. I exited CVH for a small 2.6% gain. Both trades were screwed up by the MA's being in the way. I exited EL for a decent gain of 4.1%. EL was a wacky trade cuz of its initial huge gap down followed by an immediate surge back up and then a slow selloff but there was nothing too bad in this trade....i just feel a little cheated from how much it closed across the 20 MA.

I didnt bother to enter anything today since im looking forward to new research with my new rules: instead of MA's being intertwined, i want them to be apart with a close past both of them by entry bar. THIS should bring a significant improvement especially when combined with a target exit level........plus........i am going to use 10 and 25 EMA's from now on instead of 20 and 50 DEMA's. I didnt realize i was using DEMA and thats why stockcharts.com wasnt making sense. Pretty much the same thing and wont affect my trading at all but it will let me use stockcharts.com MA's.

No comments:

Post a Comment