sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Im currently trying to upload a watchlist video about once a week. It's possible i will find and enter a trade that i didn't have on the watchlest but chances are that most of my trades will be derived from a watchlist. Markets are always moving so something good might materialize in between watchlists. What goes on my watchlist is very subjective.

Which LTF s/r i use does not really matter. Originally i just looked for bounces off of MA's but I have been looking for bounces off of LTF MA's AND LTF TL's lately and am having success. Im finding more opportunities for bounces. using TL's and MA's should be enough for me for now but later i might consider also using fibonacci or something else to get even more opportunities. Recently i did a decent scan of only 50 charts (futures) which resulted in a minimal "April 6 2010" watchlist, which took me 1 hour to do. I think a 100-150 chart scan would be very good.

Originally i watched stocks when i began learning. I switched my attention to futures since they have no PDT law. I thought i would have to daytrade so this made sense to me. Since then i have focused more on doing daily swing trades which is making me lean back to stocks. Im really understanding all the restraints that many futures have as i find more and more trades in them. Their biggest draw for me was having no PDT law, but now that is meaningless since i do not want to daytrade, even for practice. I might completely switch over to stocks real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment