sfsamperi.blogspot.com

You have to survive

You have to survive
Every day is a battle, survival is rule #1

Monday, December 28, 2009

i have decided to add Volume as an indicator to my trading. since i started learning how to trade i could never understand how to use volume. i could never "see it" work for me. and thats a little frustrating since almost everyone uses volume and its a default indicator on most chart services. but now i think i know how to work it into my trades. reminds me of how most of my life i didnt understand how to play poker, then one day i got it, and then i played it a lot and got pretty good. maybe that will happen again? what got me looking at volume again was me figuring out a couple new ways i can use my trendlines.

i want my middle time frame's bar signals to have above-average volume. its easy to argue how it makes sense to use but i like it cuz i see how it works for me. where my bar signals are, good volume seems to have 90%+ reliability for a good trade to follow. in the same places bad volume seems exactly 50%....that sounds like gambling.

my recent /LE short trade happens to violate my new volume requirement so im assuming it wont work but ill let it finish since it still looked so good. if it stops me out today or tomorrow it will help prove my new volume requirement even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment